Holistic living is based on the belief that true happiness, success, health, balance and peace come through an alignment of the mind, body and spirit. I know that all of you are thinking, "It sounds wonderful and I would love to get some of those good vibes going in my life, but how do I start?"
That's a GREAT question!
There are a myriad of ways to achieve holistic health, primarily because each person's path is different. We are all "bio-individual" which fundamentally means that there's no one-size-fits-all method -- each person on the planet is a unique individual with highly individualized needs and requirements. I would like to share with you 15 simple ways to begin adding a more holistic approach to your life. See which suggestions resonate with you and start implementing, sista!
Here are my favorite 15 lifestyle suggestions designed to help you live a more holistic life:
- Take time and treat yourself to some "quiet time" every day. You can read, connect with the divine or meditate. It will nourish your body, soul and relieve a lot of stress.
- Buy and wear natural fiber clothing whenever possible. Wear only 100 percent cotton for your undergarments. Cotton allows your skin to breathe.
- Get some houseplants. Plants in your home and office freshen and enrich the oxygen content of the air that you breathe.
- Keep TV watching to a minimum. It's not called a "boob tube" for nothing! And make sure what you choose to watch is uplifting and not toxic or upsetting.
- Avoid using microwave ovens to cook food.
- Say grace before each meal. Gratitude is the way to happiness.
- Laugh every day. Laughter is the best medicine.
- Give generously of yourself, your resources and your unique gifts to others.
- Get a massage. If money is an issue, check out massage schools -- the students offer massages to the public for a fraction of the cost!
- Make a practice of giving one compliment to a person each and every day -- a loved one, a co-worker or a stranger.
- Eat more raw foods.
- Shop at your local farmers market.
- Drink more water.
- Do something for other people. Helping others is a healing act for both you and them. A little volunteer work is a great way to keep a healthy perspective on yourself and life.
- Say "I love you" every day to the people you love and cherish.
Lisa Marie Rosati is an Amazon international bestselling author, international health, wellness and lifestyle goddess and health expert for www.sharecare.com. Lisa teaches women around the globe how to ROCK their goddess, get their sexy back, attain optimal holistic health, ignite their mojo and create a kick-ass life through their Divine Feminine Gifts at her website, www.LisaMarieRosati.com.
More healthful living
5 Ways to have a positive self-image
Learn how to win your battle with the scale
Is talking to yourself a good thing?