This homemade cracker recipe consists of five simple ingredients. Why purchase crackers full of preservatives when you can prepare them at home? Add meat and cheese for a perfect kid-friendly snack!
Adapted from TheKitchn.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Sprinkle a baking sheet with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar and salt.
- Add olive oil and water.
- Stir with a large spoon until a dough is formed.
- Place dough on parchment paper sprinkled with flour.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place dough on baking sheet. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, slice into cracker-sized squares. Puncture each square with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are brown. Allow to cool on baking rack. Serve with meat and cheese.
More cracker recipes
Beet hummus and crackers
Tent and campfire treats
Healthier snack food choices