You probably already have all the ingredients to make this yogurt at home!
Homemade yogurt with healthy mix-ins
Slightly adapted from Bon Appetit.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt with live active cultures
- Heat milk over medium heat in a saucepan, stirring constantly until thermometer reaches 185 degrees F.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Place the saucepan in a large bowl or pot filled with ice water. Stir constantly until the temperature reaches 110 degrees F.
- Add the yogurt with live cultures. Pour the yogurt into a jar and allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 to 12 hours.
- Refrigerate. When serving, add healthy mix-ins such as fresh fruit and nuts.
More yogurt recipes
Summertime yogurt dips
Fruit and yogurt popsicles recipe
Greek yogurt dipped berries