A Sweet And Salty
Snack For Kids!
If you love rice cereal treats, you'll love these crispy mint chocolate chip popcorn treats. Made with salty popcorn and mint chocolate candy, these chewy treats have the perfect mix of sweet and salty.
These make perfect lunchbox treats or after-school snacks (if you can manage to not eat them all yourself!). Make a few batches on the weekend so you'll have a minty, sweet and salty treat to get you through the week.
Mint chocolate chip popcorn treats
- 3-1/2 cups popcorn, popped
- 5 ounces mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- Green food coloring
- 3 tablespoons mint chocolate candies, chopped
- In a saucepan, add the butter and marshmallows. Heat the mixture until the marshmallows are melted, stirring constantly. Add the peppermint and green food dye (a few drops will get you that gorgeous mint color).
- Place the popcorn in a mixing bowl. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray and press the popcorn mixture into a foil-lined 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Top the mixture with chopped mint chocolate candies.
- Chill for at least two hours or until solid.
More fun popcorn recipes
3 Thanksgiving-inspired popcorn recipes
3 Caramel popcorn recipes
Five-spice popcorn recipes