It’s hard to compete with cafeteria food like cheesy pizza, hamburgers and chicken nuggets. So how do you make your kids bring a lunch more exciting than what's being served in the cafeteria? Turn their food into fun by making turkey sandwich kabobs!
These cute kabobs make eating healthy sandwiches a lot more fun, don’t you think? You can customize them by subbing in ham or chicken if your kids prefer them. Serve with these fun fruit shapes or animal-shaped bread bowls to give your kid the coolest lunchbox in school!
To make your sandwich kabobs portable, try skewering the ingredients on a clean craft stick. This makes the sandwiches perfectly sized for fitting in a Ziploc sandwich bag.
Turkey sandwich kabobs
Yield: 2 kabobs
- 2 pieces whole wheat bread
- 4 slices turkey lunch meat
- 4 thin slices fresh mozzarella
- 4 slices plum tomato
- Fresh arugula
- Cut the bread into eight cubes. Skewer the bread onto a medium-sized skewer.
- Stack the turkey, tomato, cheese and arugula on top of the bread cube. Add another bread cube to the top. Stack another bread cube on top of the last one and re-stack the turkey, tomato, fresh mozzarella and arugula. Repeat with the second kabob.
More fun lunch box ideas
Cool lunch box ideas
10 Lunch boxes we love
5 Bento box lunch ideas for girls