Go To The Garden For Your Halloween Inspiration!
Halloween is only a couple weeks away. Have you picked out a costume yet? If you're into gardening, maybe a garden-themed Halloween costume is right for you!
Halloween is only a couple weeks away. Have you picked out a costume yet? If you're into gardening, maybe a garden-themed Halloween costume
is right for you!
Garden Halloween costumes... If you're thinking about overalls and a floppy hat, you're halfway there. You don't need to dress like a farmer to have some Halloween garden fun. Gardens are a source of inspiration, so get creative! Here are a few fresh-picked costume ideas:
- Garden fairy. Fairies are beautiful fun for adult and children costumes. Fairies are all about the outdoors and natural beauty. What makes a garden fairy different from any other fairy? Accessories, like fresh flowers can do the job, as could vegetables if you're leaning more towards a vegetable garden harvest fairy.
- Garden gnome. Gnomes are very in right now, and a garden gnome is a fun one for the fellas. Store-bought or homemade costumes will work. The essentials are a beard and pointy hat.
- Garden tools. If you're into quirkier costumes, dressing up as a rake or shovel may be your thing. Or wear a cardboard box, carry some tools and be the garden shed!
- Psycho gardener. Imagine if garden tools got into the wrong hands... Scare the neighbors as a homicidal gardener wielding your sharpest tools!
- Bugs. Want to be creepy, but not from a slasher flick? Dress up as any number of the creepy crawlers from your garden. Go more cutesy with a dragonfly or ladybug costume.
- Flower pot. This is a great one for toddlers! Cut the bottom out of a plastic barrel so the child can stand inside it. Dress the kiddo with a flower face. Or buy a ready-to-wear flower pot costume.
- Vegetables. Cute for adults or kids. This peas in a pod costume is truly adorable for the wee ones! And you can never go wrong with the pumpkin costume.
- Sexy gardener. If you're headed to a hot Halloween party and want to vamp it up, try a sexy gardening outfit. Wear a green gardening apron bib over any mini dress or hot pants outfit. Maybe carry a tool or two for effect. Check out the "Garden Ho" costume for inspiration.