Surprise Friends And Family With Homemade Gifts From Your Garden!
The garden is a center of life, and whether you garden or not, the need for gardens and garden products is universal. Holiday gifts from your garden are ideal for fellow gardeners
The garden is a center of life, and whether you garden or not, the need for gardens and garden products is universal. Holiday gifts from your garden
are ideal for fellow gardeners, cooks, children and friends. This season, prepare holiday gifts with love using items from your garden!
There's something from the garden perfect for everyone on your gift list. Here are a few ideas:
- Use dried herbs and flower petals to make homemade potpourri. Include lavender, rose petals and any other garden blossoms. Start this gift idea in summer to give the flowers opportunity to dry completely.
- If you're lucky enough to live in a warm climate that allows year-round growing, you may want to prepare a gift basket with garden goodies. The basket can include fresh fruits, veggies and herbs.
- Preserves and canned goods are always in season, and can make a special gift for the culinarian on your list.
- Dried herbs are useful for any home cook. Dry garden herbs in the sun and place in labeled jars. Fresh, dried herbs make a great addition to a spice rack gift.
- Saved seeds are a welcome present for fellow gardeners. Save flower seeds and heirloom vegetable seed to give your friends the beginnings of their own garden. Live plants and seedlings are another great gift option.
Don't bother with the malls this season if you don't have to! Just step out your door to see a variety of thoughtful gift ideas
ready to pick from your backyard garden.