Welcome to Decorating Diva
, where we share fresh, fun ways to update your home and spice up your living space! As important as the food's flavor, getting everything "just so" at your next backyard bash relies on presentation. We’re sharing our picks for stylish summer serveware to jazz up any outdoor party.
Serve in style
Welcome to Decorating Diva, where every week we share fresh, fun ways
to update your home and spice up your living space! As important as the food's flavor, getting everything "just so" at your next backyard bash relies on presentation. We're sharing our picks for stylish summer serveware to jazz up any outdoor party.
Laid-back BBQ bash
What's summer without a backyard barbecue? Since you'll likely be hosting your fair share this season, it's important to have the right items on which to introduce guests to your famous chicken burgers or creamy coleslaw. Look for simple but stylish pieces ideal for more casual fare like burgers, hot dogs and various salads. Think playful without going over the top and colorful but versatile.
- We love the whimsical nature of these rectangular trays adorned with adorable dachshunds. What could be more perfect for serving up hot dogs? (westelm.com, $16)
- Keep multiple beverages chilled and within easy reach with the help of this sea grass party tub. (williamssonoma.com, $120)
- Serve up the aforementioned cold drinks in playful Mason jar mugs. (potterybarn.com, $30 for 6)
- Keep things simple but eye-catching by piling all your grilled goodies on a few of these bold, striped platters. (pier1.com, $30)
Posh patio dinner party
Burgers and hot dogs are great, but sometimes you want to switch things up and plan a more elegant outdoor affair. For that you need pieces that stand out and offer a stylish addition to your patio party. Look for items that add a stylish twist without taking away from what you're serving and that help make the hosting process look (and feel) effortless.
- These elegant glass drink dispensers inspired by vintage cocktail shakers are perfect for ensuring everyone has a drink in hand. (potterybarn.com, $59 to $79)
- Anything from appetizers to desserts would look great served on these chic sand-cast aluminum platters. (crateandbarrel.com, $10)
- Keep things sophisticated but unbreakable with pretty melamine rope-trimmed dinner plates in soft turquoise. (potterybarn.com, $26 to $34)
- Avoid breaks but maintain a sense of style with a white-banded acrylic glassware set. (westelm.com, $20 to $24)
Colorful, kid-friendly fun
If you've got kids of your own or friends and family who do, there might be at least one kid-focused get-together on the horizon for you now that the hot weather is finally here. For this kind of summer soiree you're going to need serveware that really pops. Look for fun, bright and colorful pieces that are also durable.
- Durable and colorful, these melamine trays are an ideal addition to any outdoor gathering, especially one with a more causal vibe. (westelm.com, $10)
- This watermelon serving bowl will instantly add a playful touch to your next kid-friendly backyard bash. (uncommongoods.com, $60)
- Kids and adults alike are sure to get a kick out of eating from bold blue plates and bowls. (bedbathandbeyond.com, $3 to $5)
- Create a summer-ready, crowd-pleasing display for guests of all ages with the help of this nautical-themed, two-tiered anchor tray. (potterybarn.com, $50)
More from Decorating Diva
Ways to save money on home decor
Top 5 home decorating don'ts
Emerald home accents we love