Weddings are hands-down one of the most important days of your life, and every couple is different, so no ceremony or reception is the same.
Thanks to Southern California wedding and events planner Lace and Likes, we are presenting five ways to make the most of your day by adding personal touches where your style can shine.
For a homemade touch at the reception tables, consider making your own table numbers.
- Fabric glue
- Tacky glue
- Photo frames
- Gather fabrics and paper. Lace and Likes went to craft stores and bought sample and scrap fabric pieces by the yard.
- Collect vintage frames.
- Attach fabric to cardboard or backing of frame.
- Cut number and follow the same pattern
DIY stamp for toss bags and branding
This is an affordable and effective way to put your brand on wedding details.
- Stamp ink
- Small burlap, fabric or paper bags
- Whether you make the stamp by hand or order it from a site like rubberstamps.net, be sure it is the size you want.
- Use stamp to personalize bags and thank-you cards.
Another affordable way to add a vintage look to your wedding.
- Cardboard boxes
- Hot glue
- Old books
- X-Acto knife
- Trace letters for monogram on cardboard and cut out with X-Acto knife.
- Rip book pages from old books and roll into cone.
- Pinch the bottoms of the book pages and hot-glue the bottom to cardboard.
- Continue until you cover the entire letter of the monogram.
Note: Use more book pages for a fuller look.
These multifaceted programs are easy to make, budget-friendly and perfectly embody each couple’s style according to its design. Here, Lace and Likes kept to a simple program list while adding a detailed edge to match the wedding's theme.
- Card stock
- Hot glue
- Popsicle sticks
- Print programs on card stock paper.
- Cut program to desired shape and size, re-cutting them with decorative edge scissors for added detailing.
- Hot-glue programs to popsicle sticks.
We love our recipe for easy orange marmalade for the perfect take-home gift. Multiply amount for desired jars.
- Canning jars with seals and lids
- Note or sticker with personalized message
- Follow recipe from the SheKnows link.
- Allow jars to sit overnight after being canned.
Optional: After pouring mixture into jars, add a piece of orange peel and a dash of brandy before canning.
More DIY wedding ideas
Easy DIY wedding decor ideas you'll love
DIY wedding favors
10 Wedding DIY projects we've seen on Pinterest lately