Mixing bold prints and various patterns is a scary game to play in your living room. However, we assure you that it can be done, and it can be done well. Here's a real-life living room from Kendra at SweetMagnoliaWay.blogspot.com and our version of how to replicate it in your home.
Kendra is ahead of the curve with her living room. Bright yellows, a medallion-print pillow and flower curtains — she may have had a crystal ball when she set out to decorate the room. We love her choice of varying blues, how she tied in the floral-print pillows in yellow, and, of course, that she used all of the hottest spring prints, including chevron, medallion and Moroccan. Topped off with trendy globes, birds and antlers, this room is the symbol of spring perfection.
Get these prints
Want to copy Kendra? We found similar products to make your living room a bold, smashing success.
1. Chevron rug
(Rug Studio, $48-$640), 2. medallion pillow
(Nordstrom, $50), 3. floral pillow
(Etsy, $69), 4. Moroccan pillow
(Pier 1, $20), 5. chevron pillow
(Amazon, $28 for two), 6. lampshade
- We chose a blue printed chevron rug to be the focal point of our room. When choosing your own, be sure to choose something bold yet subtle by going with a darker hue combined with a neutral (Rug Studio, $48-$640).
- The yellow printed chevron pillow was an exact replica of Kendra's. This pillow nicely ties in the chevron rug with the other elements of the room (Amazon, $28 for two).
- The yellow flower pillow was another awesome touch to the room, as it adds the perfect amount of yellow by tying in the pillow and still matching the rug with the neutral background (Etsy, $69).
- Staying with Kendra's theme, we found this gleeful flowers window panel with all of the colors of the room combined. Regardless of background, this panel flows with the room by staying in the same color scheme: varying blues, yellow and neutral (Pier 1, $60).
- The medallion pillow is a great centerpiece on the couch. In our version, we went a bit lighter with the blue, using the Dena Home breeze pillow. This blue matches well with the lighter color in the window panels and the globes (Nordstrom, $50).
- We loved the paisley prints of the throw pillows and the funky lamp shades in Kendra's living room, but to stay with hot spring trends, we chose to replace ours with a Moroccan print. The cabana pillow in lemon keeps up with the yellow in the room (Pier 1, $20).
- For our lampshade, we tied in our Moroccan pillows with the Threshold flocked yellow lampshade (Target, $20).
- With blues and yellows, you want to keep some of your room toned down. Throw a linen slipcover over your sofa to keep it easy on the eye (World Market, $250).
- Don't forget to relax and keep your room cozy with a tufted club chair (Overstock.com, $355).
- The two side tables keep the neutral tone going in the room and are a great place to add your yellow and blue trinkets (Ikea, $10).
- The globe is a very modern and traditional piece in your home. Add yours in a corner for a small yet sophisticated statement (Amazon, $16).
More spring decor
Spruce up your windows for spring
Springtime door decor
DIY painted flower wine glasses