Bring The
Fairy Tale Home

From the Mayor's office to Granny's Cafe, we're reflecting on our favorite enchanting decorating moments from the fairy-tale drama Once Upon A Time.

ABC’s Once Upon A Time season finale "A Land Without Magic" was an action-packed adventure with a bit of a surprise ending. For those of you who haven't caught fairy-tale fever and haven't watched the show, the series puts a modern spin on classic storybook characters.

Set in Storybrooke, Maine, the primary story line revolves around the love child of Snow White and Prince Charming, who is responsible for breaking the Evil Queen's curse that dropped everyone into modern time. The story is fascinating but who are we kidding? Our favorite part of the show is the fabulous interior design that has subtle nods to the original fairy-tale characters but with a modern twist.

A wickedly cool office

The Mayor's office perfectly reflects the Evil Queen's character in dramatic black-and-white colors. There are tons of subtle fairy-tale reminders such as the forest wallpaper, sunburst mirror (Mirror Mirror on the wall anyone?) and horse sculpture to honor Prince Charming's noble steed. An obvious character reference is the display of red apples, which is the only accent color in the room.

Get the look from the Mayor's office:

Mayor's Office

B&W color palette. Sticking to shades of black, white and gray allows accents and patterns to shine through. The effect is stunning in the room.

Mayor's office

Layer patterns. Various patterns keep a simple color palette from being simplistic. Damask lattice and modern graphics combine with the forest wallpaper to add interest.

Mayor's office

Mirror, mirror. Reflective surfaces like mirrors and chrome give the space sparkle. Lacquer and glossy paint give classic furniture a modern update.

Shop the look:

Forest wallpaper Seabrook Wallpaper

Forest wallpaper Seabrook Wallpaper

Sunburst mirror Lamps Plus

Sunburst mirror Lamps Plus

Leather clubchair with nailheads Amazon.com

Leather clubchair with nailheads Amazon.com

Trina Turk geometric pillow LaylaGrayce.com

Trina Turk geometric pillow LaylaGrayce.com

Up next: Get the look from Granny's Cafe >>

Continue »

Tags: fairy tale interior designs set design

Comments

Comments on "Enchanting decor from Once Upon a Time"

Lori Robinson April 02, 2014 | 10:25 AM

I looking for the dragonfly print in the mayors office. Where can I purchase it?

MP March 30, 2014 | 11:20 PM

Where can you get the dinner table and chairs from the mayors office? The black chairs and diner table?

Deb January 01, 2014 | 4:39 PM

Where can I purchase the dragonfly print?

Kat December 19, 2013 | 8:22 PM

I would like to find out where the dragonfly picture came from. If anyone could help that would be great.

ARCAFUTURA ???r? October 30, 2013 | 10:19 PM

"It will appeal to his tactical side of the game," McDowell said of Muirfield's attraction to the world No.1. "I think back to Hoylake in 2006, which was maybe as firm and fast an Open as this one. He certainly dismantled that course that week." Woods recalled yesterday that he had only hit "one driver" in attaining that Open victory and McDowell was yesterday contemplating a gameplan that would not see him hit "much more than five or six drivers" out there. ARCAFUTURA ???r? http://www.jpwatchago.tk/ARCAFUTURA%20%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AB%E3%83%95%E3%83%88%E3%82%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%20%E8%85%95%E6%99%82%E8%A8%88-10/

????`??????? ?? October 28, 2013 | 1:58 AM

The reports for unions when the matter has been put to a vote through the NLRB process. It would be a sign of healthy recognition and encouragement if any one of those four makes the final cut. Its been more than a quarter-century since Jules Feiffer won the Pulitzer for his Village Voice cartoons. according to Shanahan.Safety participated in the ?? practice Thursday on a limited basisMatt Miller writes a weekly column on economic and other domestic policy issues He also consults to corporations, temps drop into the mid-to-upper 50s downtown to near 50 in the cooler suburbs. Certainly no need for the A/C tonightTomorrow (Friday): Exquisite (except perhaps a little cool to be a beach day)? Aside from a few puffy fair weather cumulus in the afternoon, that has seen little retail additions in years it will have a college campus and a neighborhood nearby all to itself with . Lynch Jr.

canada goose soldes October 27, 2013 | 8:04 PM

Au total, a boucl?? un tour de table , avec un certain nombre d??options disponibles (verres anti-salissure, souligne La Tribune, le s??nateur UMP de l??Oise Philippe Marini,Selon Enqu??te ESG 2012 IT Les intentions de d??penses ? les principales priorit??s pour l'ensemble de l??IT 2012 sont l'am??lioration de la sauvegarde et la r??cup??ration et l'utilisation accrue de la virtualisation des serveurs (statistiquement li??es) Les initiatives de virtualisation ont ??t?? une des priorit??s de ces derni??res ann??es alors que la protection des donn??es apparait habituellement autour dans le top dix Plus les organisations informatiques se tournent vers la virtualisation plus ils se rendent compte que la sauvegarde de ces environnements est un d??fi60% des r??pondants ?? une autre enqu??te ESG men??e ant??rieurement classaient la protection des environnements virtuels l'un de leurs top-cinq d??fis de la protection des donn??es En fait seulement 13% ne percevaient pas la protection des donn??es comme un d??fi du tout /Pour r????quilibrer le rapport de force et alimenter les caisses de l???ais et europ??ens du num??rique. streaming.

cyndilou August 29, 2013 | 10:15 AM

What is the plant that Regina is watering when Kathryn comes into her office in season one's episode 13? It's tall green leaves with a dotted pink and white top. It's next to white orchids. I love this plant and would like to find out what it is. Thank you.

Becky August 17, 2013 | 8:11 AM

Wallpaper can be purchased at Sherwin Williams for $36 per roll (not double roll).

Sara March 05, 2013 | 7:27 PM

I want to know where to get a bowl like the one in the mayors office with the apples in it. My home looks a lot like her decor. I want that bowl. Help me find one like it.

Vivi January 24, 2013 | 5:09 PM

Why do my posts keep getting deleted? I was trying to respond to "RL". I found out where she could buy the White Coral Bowl from OUAT. Why can't I get this information to her? I will try again. RL if you get this you can get it at: http://littlepalmdesigngroup/ I have no affiliation with the store. I have been searching high and low for this bowl and I remembered "RL's" inquiry about it. I came back here to tell her I found it and bought one.

Melissa Dunlap September 29, 2012 | 6:57 AM

Hi Dianna, you might find luck searching for a camel back sofa that has custom trim and fabric options so you can create your own similar custom look. RL, a similar twig bowl was spotted in silver on: http://www.parcmodern/products/accessories/ Hope this helps! Happy decorating. :-)

dianna1969 July 06, 2012 | 6:42 AM

Where can you get the sofa from the Queen office? I love it, now I do know from other site the sofa cost is $18.000. However, no one has post where it can be found, now I am looking for the shape/design of it replicia... please help

RL June 11, 2012 | 3:32 PM

Where can you buy that amazing fruit bowl? I would LOVE one for my house and I've even seen it on another show recently! I would be so greatful if anyone knows!