Why not make yourself something special? A keepsake decoupage wooden box is a perfect present, and gives you a unique place to store little mementos -- such as treasured pictures, locks of hair, baby's first pair of booties or any other item you hold dear to your heart.
This project is very fast and can be completed in one weekend (includes drying time). All supplies can be found at your local crafting store. Supplies
2. While paint is drying, cut out the shapes you wish to decoupage and decide where you want to place them on the box.
3. Once paint is dry, squeeze a dime-sized amount of the decoupage glue where you wish you have the shape and smooth out glue with your fingers.
4. Take the shape and place in water (print side up) to wet.
5. Remove shape from water and place down on glue. Gently smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles with a damp washcloth. Wipe up any excess glue.
6. Once you have all your shapes decoupaged on the box, let dry overnight.
7. Finish by applying two light coats of decoupage varnish.
If you wish, you can paint additional decorative touches. Remember, this is meant to be fun. No one is going to judge you. Let your creativity run wild!