Thinking of buying nature-inspired prints? Try making them yourself.
I'm sure you have noticed the trend of pressed botanicals wall art. They look fantastic; come in many different forms, colors and sizes; and fit various design styles, so what's not to love about them? Here's a quick tutorial on how to make your own pressed botanical frames.
- Empty frame
- Piece of paper the size of your frame (I used white and gray, but you can get really creative here)
- Dried botanicals
- Craft glue
How to dry botanicals:
- My favorite way to dry botanicals is to place them inside a heavy book, protecting them with paper on both sides. Make sure they are straight and no leaves are bent.
- Once all your botanicals are inside, place a pile of more heavy books on top of it. Leave them for a week to dry well.
How to make your botanical frames:
- Once the botanicals are dried and pressed, carefully take them out of the book.
- Glue them to the paper to keep them in place and frame it. So easy, so good!