1. A great big yellow hello. Boost your curb appeal by painting your front door yellow or, if that's too bold, consider accenting your entryway with a stunning floral wreath. ($65, TheWreathDepot.com)
2. A yellow anchor piece. Some of the most remarkable rooms are designed around one statement furniture piece, like an impressive loveseat that's bold but not too bright. ($677, BeyondStores.com)
3. Yellow seating. If you don't want to commit to a big piece of yellow furniture, consider adding more transient furniture elements that work with every palette. Invite guests to get comfy on a blazing yellow shogun stool. ($189, boconcept.com)
Create a simple seat by the fireplace or in the sunroom with a gorgeous yellow floor pillow. ($212, loomdecor.com)
4. Yellow accent tables. This handmade pedestal side table in Lemon Drop ($1170, KimMarkel.com) looks just like beach glass and is designed to impress your guests.
Opt for a sleek, low-profile yellow coffee table for holding drinks and displaying books. ($599, boconcept.com)
Can't find that perfect yellow table? Paint the furniture you already own. Maison Blanche Paint Company's Miel (the French word for honey) is a luscious, creamy yellow that will add loads of charm to your favorite side table.
Image: Maison Blanche Paint Company
5. Yellow walls. Splash a coat of paint on one wall or an entire room. Interior designer Alice of Miss Alice Designs in San Francisco used a lovely shade of yellow in this entryway:
6. Yellow cabinets. You don't have to buy new kitchen cabinets — paint your current cabinets! "Turning Oakleaf is a no-fail yellow," says Dee Schlotter for PPG Voice of Color. Here, it is used to offset the darker tones of the red brick and black appliances.
7. Yellow art pieces. Yellow artwork will draw the eye, no matter what else is in the room. Pick up an affordable mass-market piece or go all-out and invest in a struggling local artist. Frame a fun pear wall print ($20, peartreegreetings.com) or display an arty conversation piece, like this earthenware lizard vase by Lisa Scroggins. ($313, artfulhome.com)
8. Yellow textiles. Minted.com crowdsources awesome designs from a community of artists. Order fresh yellow fabric by the yard and use it for whatever you want — throw pillows, drapes, bedding and more. (from $32 per yard, minted.com)
9. Yellow outdoor fun. Mr. Sun will approve of decorating your outdoor space with easy pops of yellow. A pair of bright Adirondack chairs ($995, stonecrestfurniture.com), pretty patio umbrella ($289, beyondstores.com), sunny throw pillow ($33, wickercentral.com) or festive patio planter ($35, crateandbarrel.com) can inject instant oomph.
10. Yellow decor. Feel free to add a touch of yellow to any room of your home — it complements nearly every color scheme. Consider a simple table lamp ($99, lampsplus.com), a practical storage stool ($25, gitadini.com) or a funky clock ($280, artfulhome.com).
11. Yellow pops. Surprise your guests with a bit of yellow in the most unexpected places:
-cute peg legs for your favorite sofa, chair or storage unit ($61/set of 4, prettypegs.com)
-large citrus-scented jar candle ($28, yankeecandle.com)
-cozy Nantucket cotton throw ($144, oliveandcocoa.com)
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!