Bring a little movie magic into the bedroom with these Hollywood blockbuster-inspired makeovers.
Breaking Dawn, Part II, the long-awaited final in the epic Twilight saga has finally played in cinemas worldwide. It’s the end of an era and time to bid farewell to the characters we fell in love with. For those Twihards who simply don’t want the journey to end, the love affair can continue with a bedroom makeover.
What you need to complete the Twilight look:
- Forest wall mural: 366 x 256 centimetres (Aussiemurals.com.au, $399). Image and design courtesy of Aussie Murals.
- Bella's bedding: A replica of Bella Swan's lavender bedding, this four-piece setting includes the doona cover, two pillowcases and the bed skirt (Amazon.com, USD$44). Spotlight also stocks similar manchester but for the real deal, Amazon is your best bet.
- Dream catcher: Take away bad dreams with a dream catcher similar to the one Jacob gave Bella (Magicessence.com.au, $18).
- Gold paper lanterns: Perfect for achieving the dreamy, romantic feel in your bedroom (Pinkfrosting.com.au, $25).
Your own hobit hole
What you need to achieve a hobbit-inspired look:
Australiana Day Bed ($750)
Hobbity looking bookcase ($200)
Rustic mirrors starting from $60 depending on the design and size
- Mismatched rustic furniture: Something like these country-inspired designs above by Bare Nature give an ecletic country feel.
- Colourful bedding: Use a patchwork quilt for the bedspread. If you have the time and patience you can make your own patchwork quilt or you can purchase them. Try looking on eBay to pick up a bargain.
- Candle ambience: Bilbo Baggins' house is filled with candles, Vangard's decorative 5-cup hanging candle holder is a great way to give your hobbit hole ambience (Wayfair.com.au, $55).
- Historical prints: Middle Earth framed movie print. Add authentic The Lord of The Rings flavour to your decor (Amazon USD$129).
Sex and the City-inspired
What you need to get the Sex and the City-inspired look:
- Shoe storage: You may not have the room or money to have a dedicated walk-in wardrobe with designated compartments to display your Manolo Blahnik shoes, but ladies with a shoe addiction might like this stylish shoe cabinet . A drop down cabinet is perfect for where space is limited (Ikea, $179).
- Funky shelving: With this apartment-style Soho ladder shelf you can achieve the look of a New York apartment (Ezibuy, $130).
- Create collages: Unigift Bondi 10-Photo Collage Frame in black. Just like Carrie Bradshaw the collage photo frame is a great way to display pictures of your friends or family (Zanui, $30).
- Stylish storage: Carrie Bradshaw had a storage bench at the end of her bed. This storage ottoman in beachcomber is perfect for storing winter blankets, hand-knitted jumpers or you can use it as a hope chest (Plush, from $549). Image courtesy of Plush.
More on decorating bedrooms
Decorating tips for shared bedrooms
Ideas to make over the guest bedroom
Fun ways to personalise your teen's room