Planning the perfect party favour can be one of the best parts of the party planning process! It's fun to get inspired and create a wonderful take-home gift or special memento to give your guests. Read on for some great party favour ideas.
Whether your party favour is a purchased gift or a DIY creation, your guests will surely appreciate your thoughtfulness. Here are a few tips to making your party favour perfect.
- Match your gift to the party. Think of the unifying theme of the party, and go from there. The theme can be anything from the type of party you're hosting, to the overall concept or even to the colour of the decorations.
- Personalize it. Add a name tag, create a label or attach a small, personalized thank-you card. Take it a step further by adding a favourite quote or adage, a cute quip or a few lines from a poem. Or better yet, compose a fun poem just for the occasion!
- Package it creatively. Some gifts will only require the simple embellishment of a pretty ribbon, while others may need a full gift box and tissue. It's up to you, but keep in mind the packaging will help make it special.
Here are some gift ideas that are sure to be a hit!
A picture is worth a thousand words, so give your guest a photo memento to treasure.
- For a wedding, engagement party or bridal shower, place a picture of the happy couple in a silver frame, and wrap it in the wedding colours.
- During your party, take spontaneous digital photos of the partygoers, print them out, add them to party-themed frames, then give one to each guest for an instant memento. This idea is also great for teen or adult birthdays, New Year's Eve and graduation parties.
- For family-centred events like milestone birthdays, retirement parties, anniversaries and Mother's or Father's Day, print out black-and-white photos from the past. Place them in antique-looking frames, and add the date of the photo.
Give your guests something from your heart — and kitchen! These gifts are great treats for guests at almost any party.
- A jar of homemade jam, pickles or other preserves you make yourself. Add a pretty label describing the contents, and wrap with a coordinating ribbon.
- Layer small, decorative boxes with waxed paper, and fill them with biscotti, cookies, chocolates or fudge. Attach a small card with the recipe.
- Homemade spice rub. Get creative and mix up your favourite dried herbs and seasonings. Fill up airtight jars, and label them with directions for use.
For the kid in everyone
Keep the inner child alive by giving away these gifts. They are fun party favours to gift at a casual party.
- Large rainbow lollipops
- Clear jars of brightly coloured candy
- A mini-bucket filled with gum balls
- A large, personalized chocolate bar. Take off the original paper, rewrap with foil, and add a wrap-around label commemorating the event.
- A DVD of a classic movie or retro TV show and mini-bag of seasoned popcorn
More on hosting a party
Proper etiquette when hosting a dinner party
Quick party tips
4 Ways to make hosting less stressful