With a few basic supplies, this project is low cost, simple to make and sure to add a spook to your holiday decor.
1. Start by cutting the large piece of black felt down to size. Here we cut down to approximately 14 x 14 inches. You may want to cut to the size of the dowel rod you are using (we used a 16-inch dowel rod here). Otherwise you will want to cut your dowel rod down to size as well.
2. Fold the top of the black felt over the dowel rod, and pin it in place. Fold over approximately 2 inches. Keep the dowel rod in place during this process.
3. Using your needle and black thread, hand stitch (or sew with a sewing machine, if you prefer) across the line where pinned to keep the dowel rod in place. The sleeve over the dowel rod should be loose enough to easily slide the dowel rod in and out.
4. Sketch the letters "BOO" (or whatever other word or words you desire, like "TRICK OR TREAT" perhaps!) backward along the back lining of the white peel-and-stick felt. Make them almost as large as the entire 8-1/2 x 11-inch sheet. It's OK if the letters aren't perfect here; it makes them more Halloween-ish to be imperfect!
5. Cut out the "BOO" letters from the peel-and-stick felt.
6. Peel the "BOO" letters, and stick them onto the black felt.
7. Once the "BOO" letters are in place, measure out enough twine to tie along the top of the dowel rod.
8. Tie the twine at the top of the dowel rod, and your project is complete. Find the perfect place to hang it!
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!