We used our jars for oats, flour and baking chips, but these would be just as cute storing craft supplies.
- Spray paint
- Painters tape
- Freezer bags
- Letter stickers that can easily unstick (foam ones work great)
- Sharpie pens if you want to add patterns
- Clear Gesso to prime
- Clean the inside of your glass jar.
- Use foam letter stickers as stencils. Start with your last letter to make sure that all the letters will fit across the jar.
- Apply the painters tape to the jar where you would like your line.
- Tape the freezer bag down with your painters tape to prevent overspraying when painting.
- Place the jar upside down.
- Apply primer to where you plan to paint the jar.
- Spray paint the jar. Do multiple thin coats to avoid dripping.
- Once completely dry, remove tape and freezer bag. Also remove the stencil letters. If the letters stick, use a craft knife around the letters to loosen them. In case some paint comes off around the edge of the letters, use a small brush for touch ups.
- Use permanent marker to add designs to your jar.
More in DIY projects
Everyday inspiration: Do an easy DIY project
12 Clever wreaths you can make from food
DIY sandals made with a scarf