Gorgeous In Gray

We're not the only gray lovers — Jonathan Scott from Property Brothers says he loves the shade as well. Find out why, and learn how you can use this color with our home decor and accent pieces in 50 shades of gray.

50 Shades of gray: Jonathan Scott's neutral color of choice

Johnathan scott

In a recent SheKnows exclusive interview, designer and Property Brothers star Jonathan Scott stated that his favorite neutral color is gray. Creating a "crisp, fresh and clean" effect, the shade is easy to accessorize. Best for more permanent home decor, gray is an easy color to match and combine trends with. Scott recommends keeping larger surfaces in varying shades of gray so that you can change out other smaller home decor items with the seasons. Larger items like walls, furniture, rugs and even pillows are great in grays, and you can add in more accent items in bolder colors and designs.

The best part about gray is that there are so many shades to choose from. With lighter clay colors to deep charcoal, gray is a color that you can personalize and have fun with. And as Jonathan Scott points out, the shade works great for masculine and feminine decor schemes. Keep your home feeling neutral and clean with our roundup of 50 shades of gray home decor.

50 Unique items inside

Continue »

Comments

Comments on "50 Shades of gray: Jonathan Scott's neutral color of choice"

Amber February 07, 2014 | 11:56 AM

I do like gray, had not thought of using on walls. Off topic I love to use gray as a base in fashion and then accessorize with pearls or amethyst jewelry. Also beautiful with aubergine.

Rhonda K February 02, 2014 | 12:51 AM

I absolutely agree. I love gray but am concerned my home may end up too gray. It is in the living/dining room, the bathroom and the bedroom and I was looking at using it in the kitchen and thought it might be too much. ??

Margie Brown January 22, 2014 | 12:46 PM

Love the new shades of gray. I have seen refurbished table & chairs in a chalk paint. Really loved that. Keep doing what you have been doing, Jonathon! We love the show!!!!!!!

Maria Grejtak January 19, 2014 | 5:22 PM

I love the color grey and I agree with Jonathan.

Diane Cuomo January 19, 2014 | 1:22 PM

I love gray, and I love Jonathan!

Marilin Marion January 18, 2014 | 9:10 AM

I'm from Lima-Peru and when I saw the commercial for Property brothers saw that the channel's had very handsome but that did not call attention until I saw your program and jonathan is a great decorator miracles if he says that gray is a excellent color to combine then it is true, jonathan is an excellent decorator and also is also very cute

marta January 18, 2014 | 4:00 AM

Greys are hice if you combine it with other colores like lilac or purpre

Debra January 18, 2014 | 1:03 AM

I would love to invite Johnathan over to help me put some gray accents in my red room!

Lourdes Pantaleón January 18, 2014 | 1:01 AM

The gray colour isn't my favorite, but I think this colour is easier to make combinations in the decoration of a house. About 50 Shades of Grey still I couldn't read this fantastic story. I'm learning your language, I would read this story in English. Sorry for the mistakes. Greetings from Spain Lourdes

Tammy January 18, 2014 | 12:28 AM

I love gray and yes you get the oddest looks when you say it but I apply the same strategy with clothes. You can really get a lot out of gray.

Edna A January 17, 2014 | 11:35 PM

I think gray is the perfect color...as Jonathan stated it goes with everything, and I love the 50 Shade of Gray for real!!!!!!!

marz January 17, 2014 | 11:02 PM

Gray is such a beautiful color. I love all aspects and incarnations of gray. It is a nice foil to bold geometric patterns with a pop of intensely saturated color.

Joanna January 17, 2014 | 8:33 PM

I too love the color gray, when we had moved in to our present home and had mix the different shade of gray with deep purple , black, and lavender.... it's amazing what the different shade of gray and silver did to the room..... totally agree with Jonathan...

joyce January 17, 2014 | 7:50 PM

love the gray dresser on page 6. grey is one of those colours like black and white. any colour can really go with grey. interesting choices of different shades and objects.

Sandra Roberts January 17, 2014 | 7:31 PM

When people ask me my favorite color it's always been gray, then get the oddest looks. As a child my bedroom was Gray lavender and white a room I loved and spent a great deal of time in curled, up on a gray covered velvet window seat reading books and traveling the world in my imagination on all sorts of adventures. I find it a comforting and reassuring color, Thank You Jonathan for reaffirming Gray is a color!!!

Kathe January 17, 2014 | 7:08 PM

My soon to be updated kitchen is gray and silver. I'm so excited. Thanks for the validation, Jonathan!

Curtis Dean January 17, 2014 | 5:42 PM

shades of gray/grey is for those that can not define complexity.And that is OK!

Kym January 17, 2014 | 5:29 PM

I definitely love the darker grays....not a big fan of lighter grays. And mixing those with purple would be fabulous!!

Susan Mathis January 17, 2014 | 5:29 PM

The color gray is my favorite and I also like that silver sage. That tells me we understand each other.

Denise Beverly January 17, 2014 | 5:23 PM

I love your take on 50 Shades of gray!!