Although the main focus of your Christmas gathering may be the food, these holiday cocktails can add to the celebration by giving your guests something sweet to sip.
Here are three Christmas cocktail recipes and a few tips for serving your holiday-inspired concoctions.
Christmas cocktail recipes
Christmas cocktails are a nice change from wine and beer, especially when they reflect the flavors of the season. Here are three Christmas cocktail recipes and a few tips for serving your holiday-inspired concoctions.
Sparkling cider punch
- 6 cups apple cider
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle sparkling wine
- Pour apple cider, cranberry juice and brandy in a large punch bowl.
- When you're ready to serve, top it off with sparkling wine.
Sugar cookie martini
- 1 sugar cookie, crushed
- 2 ounces Irish Cream
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce Butterscotch Schnapps
- Dip the rim of a chilled martini glass into water, then into the crushed sugar cookie.
- Combine Irish Cream with vodka, schnapps and ice in a martini shaker. Gently shake and strain into the prepared martini.
- Coconut flakes
- 1 ounce white chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce cream or whole milk
- 1 ounce Southern Comfort
- Dip the rim of an old-fashioned glass into water, then into coconut.
- Pour white chocolate liquor into the glass, pour cream on top, then finish with Southern Comfort. Stir until combined.
More festive Christmas cocktail recipes
Homemade holiday eggnog
12 days of Christmas cocktails
Warm spiced holiday punch