Serif Digital Scrapbook Artist Compact (free download!)
Glossy, photo or other high-quality print paper
Cardstock (seasonal colors are your choice; white, blue, green, red or brown work well)
Physical embellishments, which could include buttons, ribbon, glitter, etc. (optional)
Straight edge scissors and decorative-edge scissors (optional)
1. Download Digital Scrapbook Artist Compact. It's free and easy!
2. Select the backgrounds, photo frames, embellishments, fonts, etc. from the digikit browser that you would like to use in your project. You'll find a free Christmas-specific themed pack of embellishments, called a Digikit. You can also use your own graphics and digital images and embellishments that you may already have saved on your computer.
3. Set your page size as 3" by 5."
4. Design the front of your card. Drag backgrounds and embellishments onto your page; use graphic letters and/or fonts to write your holiday greeting; add special effects such as shadowing. You can also add a photo, perhaps of your family or child in a special holiday outfit or near some home holiday decorations which can be especially nice to send to family and friends afar.
5. Print your design on high-quality paper. Glossy paper or photo-quality paper works well.
6. Using scissors or a paper cutter, cut out your 3" by 5" design.
7. Using cardstock or some other heavy-duty paper of your choice, cut out an 8" by 6" rectangle. Fold the cut paper in half to make a 4" by 6" greeting card. If you'd like, use decorative-edge scissors to give your card some additional character.
8. Glue your printed-and-cut design to the front of your card. If you prefer, embellish your card with glitter, ribbon, buttons, jewels, etc. to enhance your digital design and make it 'pop.' This is your chance to really get creative and let your own artistic voice come out!
9. You can also create a matching back for your card, to add additional detail. Simply create another 3" by 5" page in Digital Scrapbook Artist Compact. Drag the background you used for the front of your card onto the page. Leave it at that or add your own signature logo, phrase or image. Print the design and glue to the back of your folded card.
10. Hand-write your personal greeting on the inside of your card, address and send. Happy phone calls from impressed family and friends are sure to follow!
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!