Makes 4 servings
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup butternut squash, diced
1/4 cup carrots, diced
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup chorizo sausage, cooked, drained, and crumbled
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons white bread crumbs
1/2 cup stale cornbread, crumbled
1 egg, beaten
1 to 2 ounces turkey or chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Heat olive oil in pan. Saute garlic until soft.
3. Add squash and carrots, sauteing until tender. Add cumin, salt and pepper.
4. Add tomatoes and warm but do not overcook. Set aside to cool.
5. Combine cornbread, bread crumbs and chorizo in a bowl. Add vegetable mixture and, using two forks, toss together.
6. Add egg. Toss to mix. Add small amounts of stock, tossing mixture to achieve stuffing consistency.
7. Bake in covered dish in 350 F oven for 30 minutes.
8. (Optional) Spread stuffing onto turkey scallopini and roll up, tucking edge under roll. Roast in 350 F oven for 25 minutes. Slice and serve.
Recipe courtesy of White House Holiday Recipes, as prepared by White House Chefs Walter Scheib III and Roland Mesnier of the Clinton administration
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!