Thanksgiving Stuffing With Presidential Flair
This year, try something a little more presidential for your Thanksgiving dinner. This cornbread stuffing with chorizo was prepared by chefs of the Clinton White House.
Chorizo cornbread stuffing recipe
Makes 4 servings
2. Heat olive oil in pan. Saute garlic until soft.
3. Add squash and carrots, sauteing until tender. Add cumin, salt and pepper.
4. Add tomatoes and warm but do not overcook. Set aside to cool.
5. Combine cornbread, bread crumbs and chorizo in a bowl. Add vegetable mixture and, using two forks, toss together.
6. Add egg. Toss to mix. Add small amounts of stock, tossing mixture to achieve stuffing consistency.
7. Bake in covered dish in 350 F oven for 30 minutes.
8. (Optional) Spread stuffing onto turkey scallopini and roll up, tucking edge under roll. Roast in 350 F oven for 25 minutes. Slice and serve.
Recipe courtesy of White House Holiday Recipes, as prepared by White House Chefs Walter Scheib III and Roland Mesnier of the Clinton administration