A Fruity, Spicy Twist
Mix it up a little Mexican this Thanksgiving with fresh cranberry salsa! Fusing traditional cranberry sauce ingredients with classic Mexican flavors, this little twist will bring the fiesta to your turkey dinner.
Cranberry salsa recipe
- 2 whole oranges
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root
- 1 serrano chili, minced
- Peel oranges and trim off the white membrane.
- Grate 4 tablespoons of the peel.
- Coarsely chop the oranges.
- Chop or process the cranberries in a blender or food processor until coarsely chopped, but not too fine.
- Combine all ingredients and allow to blend at least 6 hours, overnight if possible. Serve next to the turkey.
More cranberry recipes
Cranberry cocktails for the holidays
Cranberry pumpkin muffins
Cranberry sauce recipes