Deep Fry Your Thanksgiving Turkey
Try this flavorful, injected marinade before deep frying your Thanksgiving turkey.
Marinated and deep-fried Thanksgiving turkey
- 1-12 to 16 lb whole turkey
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 6 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tsp lemon pepper
- 5 tsp onion powder
- 2-3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 5 gallons peanut oil
- Blend all the ingredients well and let stand 2 hours. Strain marinade and place in an injection needle. Inject the marinade into all parts of the turkey.
- Place the turkey in a large plastic bag and allow the marinade to disperse throughout the bird for at least 2 hours. Turn the bag and massage the bird occasionally.
- Preheat the cooking oil to 350-375 degrees F in a kettle large enough to hold the entire bird. Tie the legs of the bird together with wire. (It helps hold the bird together and provides a way to lift it in and out of the oil.)
- Drain the turkey, carefully patting it dry. Place the bird into the oil and fry 3-1/2 to 4 minutes per pound.
More Thanksgiving recipes!
Cranberry sauce recipes
Peanut butter ice cream cornucopias
Chocolate spoons that melt in your drink