What's tastier than an apple baked with butter and jam? An apple with "worms"!
2. Core apples from the stem end to 1/2 inch from the bottom. Do not push through.
3. Stuff each hole with 1 teaspoon each jam and butter.
4. Place in a pan and bake uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the apples. When done, the apple should be tender but not mushy.
5. Remove the apples from the oven. Let cool 15 minutes.
6. Set each apple in a bowl and spoon syrup from the baking pan around it. In top of each apple, insert a gummy worm with at least half of its body protruding.