These jiggly worms are just as much fun to make as they are to eat. And they're perfect for a Halloween party!
Makes 100; prep time, about 15 minutes (plus overnight chilling)
2. Meanwhile, gently pull straws to extend to full length; place in a tall container.
3. Blend cream and food coloring with the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Pour into container, filling straws.
4. Chill until gelatin is firm, at least 8 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
5. Pull straws from container (if using a carton, tear carton away from straws). Pull straws apart; run hot tap water for about two seconds over 3 to 4 straws at a time.
6. Starting at the empty ends, push worms from straws with rolling pin or use your fingers to push them out (like rolling a toothpaste tube). Lay worms on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
7. Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. Worms will hold their shape at room temperature up to 2 hours.
Notes: Use a cleaned 1-quart milk or orange juice carton to hold straws upright as they fill. You can also use any color gelatin that you like!