Prep time, 5 minutes; makes about 24 treats
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup candy corn
2 cups miniature marshmallows
2 tablespoons of butter/margarine
1/4 teaspoon of red food coloring
1/4 teaspoon of yellow food coloring
1. Grease a 10 x 13-inch pan (glass or metal) with butter or margarine. In a large glass bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter together in a microwave for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir well with a buttered spoon, then return to the microwave for about 1 minute more.
2. Combine the crispy rice cereal and candy corn in another bowl, ready for the marshmallow mixture.
3. Remove mixture from microwave and stir, and quickly add the food coloring. Stir well! (If mixture isn't very fluid, put it back in the microwave for 15 seconds or so before going to the next step.)
4. Add the cereal and candy corn mixture, and stir to coat all dry ingredients evenly.
5. Smooth treats flat on bottom of pan. Gently press with the back of a buttered spoon to even the surface.
6. Keep in a cool place for 1 hour, then cut carefully with a buttered knife into squares. Store in a tupperware-type container or use waxed paper to cover.
7. Garnish with candy pumpkins if you like!
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!