1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/3 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 16-ounce box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
3 to 4 tablespoons milk
1 8-ounce package miniature chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, blend sugar and butter. Add molasses. Fold in the sifted flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
3. On a lightly floured board, roll out the dough until it is 1/8 inch thick. Cut out the cookie with a ghost-shaped cookie cutter and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until
lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool thoroughly on a wire rack before decorating with frosting.
4. Mix vanilla, salt, half of the sugar and 2 tablespoons of the milk. Mix well. Add the remaining sugar and mix again.
5. Add as much of the remaining milk as you need to reach the desired consistency for spreading. Spread the frosting on each cookie until it is totally white and looks like a ghost. For eyes, use two chocolate chips on each of the cookies. Makes 2 dozen.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!