6 to 8 medium apples, stems removed
48 caramels (one 14-ounce package)
2 tablespoons water or milk
6 to 8 wooden craft sticks or skewers (1 per apple)
1-1/2 cups chopped nuts (peanuts, walnuts or pecans)
1 cup miniature chocolate chips
1. Wash and dry the apples, and skewer. Set aside nearby.
2. Prepare a baking sheet covered with waxed paper.
3. If the caramel begins to harden, microwave mixture for 15 to 30 seconds, then stir well.
4. Place caramels and water or milk in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 2 minutes, stirring after each minute. Cook on high at additional 20 to 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth and of dipping consistency.
5. Immediately dip the apples in the melted caramel and twist to coat evenly. Roll apples in chopped nuts or chocolate chips if desired.
6. Place the coated apples on the waxed paper and refrigerate for 2 hours.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!