Four apples, washed and air dried thoroughly
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1/2 cup water
2 sticks of butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup heavy cream
Chopped nuts (optional), like walnuts or pecans
Pinch of salt
Sticks from the craft store, or small skewers from the meat department at your local grocery
1. Prepare apples by inserting the skewers firmly into the center. Place on a cookie sheet on top of parchment or waxed paper.
2. In a saucepan, combine water, corn syrup and sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon. Allow to gently cook over a medium heat until caramel in color.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the cream, butter and salt.
4. Working quickly with the bone-dry apples, dip them into the caramel, then roll quickly in the nuts. Place them on the tray and continue until all apples are coated.
5. Refrigerate for 15 minutes until firm and serve or wrap in cellophane bag.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!