You will need:
- 2 cereal boxes
- construction paper: green, white and black
- 2 cardboard egg cups
- black marker
- brown crayon
- white and silver acrylic craft paint
- paintbrush or pencil with eraser
- white craft glue
- hot glue gun
- 2 zipper sandwich bags filled with sand or pebbles (optional)
What you do:
Remove cereal bag from box. If you would like your monster to have some weight to it so it will stand with less chance of falling over, place a sealed zipper sandwich bag filled with sand or pebbles inside the cereal box.
Frankenstein cereal box monster
- Paint two cardboard egg cups with silver paint and set aside to dry.
- Cover one of the cereal boxes with green construction paper using white craft glue.
- Use black construction paper to make the hair, cutting bangs with scissors. Cover the top of the cereal box and about 2-inch down the sides, front and back.
- Cut a strip of black construction paper the width of the cereal box and about ¾-inch high. Place the "eyebrows" about 2-inch below the bangs, but do not glue them in place just yet.
- Cut a circle about 2-inch in diameter from white construction paper. Fold the circle in half and make a crease, cut the circle in half along the crease. Place the half circles underneath the "eyebrow" strip, do not glue down. Use a pencil to draw on the black on the eyes and color in with a black marker. Glue the eyes and eyebrows in place.
- Draw on nostrils and a zig-zag mouth with a black marker. Add stitches by drawing a long line and a series of short lines running through the long line.
- Use the hot glue gun to attach the egg cup "bolts" to the sides of the box.
Mummy cereal box monster
- Cover entire cereal box with white constructions paper. Take two more sheets of construction paper and tear into long strips. Glue the strips around the box, front and back.
- Use a brown crayon to lightly color the edges of the torn paper to look like aged bandages.
- Use a black marker to draw on eyes and a mouth. Use the handle end of the paintbrush to dot on the whites of the eyes.
- Use black marker to draw on a spider web and a spider in the upper right corner of the box.
More Halloween crafts
Bats and cats Halloween napkin rings
Tin can dracula
"Witch is in" salt dough table decoration