Win Him Over

You've been dating this guy for a couple of months now. You really like him. You like him so much, you're afraid to screw it up. Sometimes we do that because we get over-anxious and tend to come off needy, clingy or annoying. Refrain from being that spaz of a girl. Instead, read on for our tips on how to win his heart -- and how to be a good girlfriend.

Couple Watching Sports on TV

1. Make Steak and Eggs

From breakfast to a good slab of beef, win his heart by knowing how to make his favorite of the two – steak and eggs – the right way. He might be a medium rare guy, he might prefer his eggs over-easy. Schedule a dinner in and make him a good meal (not because you're a woman and it's your job to cook – because it's not – but because you want to).

2. Wear Lingerie

Yes, it's that easy. Lingerie was obviously created for men, not women. In fact, sometimes all that lace and leather itches. If you want to turn him on, go ahead and put something super-sexy on. Just do it tastefully, or you'll just look like a tramp. And you can't win a man's heart if you're a tramp.

3. Know the Score

Most men are into sports. Are you a sports fan? If not, familiarize yourself a tad with his favorite team or sport so you can contribute to the conversation when he starts talking balls and games. No, you won't be changing who you are by just knowing a thing or two – we're not telling you to lie and pretend you know everything about baseball. Just have something to say about it. He'll be ultra-impressed.

4. Eat Junk Food

We polled some men and the majority of them said it's hot to see a woman who likes to indulge in burgers, fries and buffalo wings. Granted, a lady should never overdo it and must always eat politely, but the fact that you can hold your own and eat just like a man (well, almost like one) can be hot.

5. Give Him Freedom

If you really want to win his heart, lay off a little. Don't be that girl who's always keeping tabs on her man and not allowing him to hang out with his friends. Don't be attached to his hip. That way, it will give him an opportunity to miss you. Not to mention that his friends will love you for it, which brings us to our next point...

6. Be Good to His Friends

You think only ladies talk? No way. Boys talk just as much as we do. And to top it all off, men can be way more impressionable than women. They listen to what their friends say. If you want to get in good with your boyfriend, get in good with his buddies. They'll boast about how cool you are and that will be permanently ingrained in his brain.

7. Meet the Parents

If you are the type of girl he would love to bring home to meet mom and dad, you're in luck. You're almost there. You'll know you have his heart after you meet his folks and they give him the okay. Most men are like women – they want a life of bliss, the kind of bliss where family gatherings are fun, friendly and fabulous. When you meet the parents, be your charming self.

8. Maintain Your Fabulous Self

Do you ever see those women (hoping you're not one of them) who, when they fall in love or meet a man, lose themselves? They forget who they are, stop engaging in hobbies, let go of their social lives. It's sad really. Just because you've found a man, doesn't mean you should lose yourself.

Maintain your life and all of the great things you were doing when he met you. Odds are, that's what attracted him in the first place. Don't lose yourself, so he'll always remember what he fell in love with.

9. Learn to Forgive

...To a certain extent, that is. We're not saying to forgive and forget the horrible stuff, but try not to sweat the small stuff. If he forgets to do the dishes, okay, discuss it. But don't become the man's mother and scold him for missed chores and being late. He'll likely get annoyed, and the worst part is, some of those mistakes were probably not on purpose.

10. Make Him Laugh

One key to a man's heart has a lot to do with giving him lots of chuckles. If you can be the beautiful, nice girl he adores and make him laugh, you're golden. Laughter means happiness and happiness will open up hearts like you wouldn't believe.

Comments

Comments on "10 Keys to a man’s heart: Single girl’s guide"

Ciara March 03, 2014 | 9:01 PM

Try to keep your dependence and independence in balance. Tell your partner how much you need them, but don't get to dependent on them and cling to them all the time, as that can make your partner feel trapped. On the flip side of this, don't allow your partner to think you don't need them, by going or doing things without them. Try to keep a happy and healthy balance between the two.Just my 2 cents

crystal November 11, 2013 | 10:36 AM

Okcok I have a question for the commenters on here.I'm 28 the guy I like is 49 and we have been charting and texting night and day has been coming over with coffee hanging out around the house. And what not I'm a girl who's old school and just say as is when I want. So he knows I like him. And I told him I wanted him. He likes me and all but we are going to be friends and really get to know each other for a while.his rule and he said that I'm the prefect lady for him and he loves that I have the same values and goals as him. We talk all the time and we have great laughs together but he's been married two times and hurt from that so question.. do I hold off and wait for him? Or just walk? Cause if I'm his prefect lady he should just jump for it I think

John October 07, 2013 | 4:52 PM

One other thing I forgot: Guys like me tend find it attractive when a woman takes the lead sometimes and comes up with things to do.

John October 07, 2013 | 4:49 PM

First of all, not all men are interested in those things. There is a lot more to us then you realize. For instance, if I'm going to be in love with a girl, she is going to have to be my best friend. I would want her to be clingy to a certain extent (as in I would want her to actively try to find ways to spend time with me, but no so clingy as that I never get any alone time). Also, I could not fall in love with a women that shows skin around me; that shows shallowness. I want a woman of substance, somebody who is intellectual, has her own personality, and respects herself. I agree with everything except 2 (and I disagree with five to a certain extent). One thing that is not included but number #3 touches on is: try to take interest in things he likes (If you can, find someone who is into things you like so you share many common interests). And one last point that is not so serious: I don't like eggs XD

Daryl July 13, 2013 | 2:50 PM

Dear Ladies, I'm a married man, of 9 years now, with a daughter, and this article caught my eye. It talks about catching a man's "heart". The advice in this column has some good points (meet his parents, give him room), but some of the points (wear lingerie, show skin, etc.) will not appeal to a man's heart. I know that it is socially acceptable to do these kind of things, but honestly, these things will appear to his lowest nature: his animal instincts. A man does not "love" you when he is attracted to your body. A man does not "love" you when his body goes wild whenever you are near him. A man loves you when, no matter what you do, his high esteem of you doesn't change. That kind of love takes time to grow, but that kind of love is the love that lasting marriages are made of, and that is the love you want to have. To get that kind love, appeal to a man's highest nature. That nature is in all of us men, and that nature is to fight for something that means more than ourselves. One of those things is a relationship that makes two people better than one. When you show some skin, or wear something that will get him into bed, you appeal to his nature to gratify himself, and that nature is very untrustworthy. Yes, you get quick results, but are they lasting results? If you want a man to base his relationship with you, on meeting his own desires, your relationship will be on shaky ground, because desires change. I know that it is hard to find responsible, trustworthy men, but that doesn't mean that you should get desperate. You've got to tell yourself that you are more than a body, more than an object to gratify a man's ual desires. If you will carry yourself in a way that shows men that you are worth fighting for, because you are an intelligent woman, whose beauty lies on the inside, more than it does on the outside, the wait might be longer, but the results will be much better! Having said that, it does help for you to look after the outside, too. People don't want to look inside a house if it needs a paint and the garden is in a mess! My point is, whatever a man sees on the outside, needs to be a reflection of who you are on the inside! A man loves to pursue, so it doesn't hurt him if he has to dig a little bit, to find the treasure that you are! Please hear my father-heart. You are all someone's daughter. When my daughter is old enough to meet and marry a man, amongst other things, I will give her the advice that I have just given you. From a father to daughters

Norin July 03, 2013 | 10:38 AM

i meant to say, be y for him. If it'll make him like you more, then why not? REmember: ur practically asking him if hes on sale! BE worthy of him wanting to have you too! Before asking him out, first hint it off that you think he's cute. YOu dont want him to think "why is she talking to me.' That person is going to say no if theyve never see u before. It would be too awkard to say yes.Make sure hes seen you a couple of times before you make your move. Ask him how hes doing and flirt.Flirt and hit on him hardcore. Let him know that you want him. Laugh and smile at what he says. Speak to his eyes. Look into his eyes. And stare into them,giving him that "i want u;come and get me look... im falling for u, look into my eyes and ull fall for me 2 lol.." Compliment him day to day. "u look nice today.' After hes known your name and you know his. Then "break the ice" Dont waste time thinking whos right for you. Remember: hes not the one BECAUSE YOU DIDNT MAKE HIM THE ONE!Asking a guy out makes him 85% urs.Always smell like a goddess around the boy u like. Look like a desirable person and dont let in room for disappointment. If he doesnt like u, let that be a motivator, "try harder with the next one u like. Run after them boys before the good ones get taken! There is no prince charming. you make that happen by being u. Express feelings right away in a starting relationship. dont ever keep feelings of attraction and the feelings of being ineterested a secret!The biggest mistake in making a relationship happen is waiting. do not wait to speak emotions. Never run away from a guy if u like him. If u run away from he'll be the last the you'll get and not even that. (this is for woman who dont act on their crushes or the guy they want to be with, and the next thing they know, hes taken.

Norin July 03, 2013 | 10:19 AM

The alwfit your wearing has to speak to that man's heart. He has to like what he sees. 65% more of a chance he will say yes if u show skin around him. He'll say yes if he likes what ge sees! If you like him dont just talk to him, be y for him. If it'll may him say yes, then why not? And Pay attention to whos staring at you. Whoevers staring at you wants to look at you. Whoever wants to look at you frequently likes you! Wear tight tops. Workout to have a beautiful waist. Remember: only skinny people can pull off tight clothes! Let him acknowledge the beauty of your body. that will make him really into u! Wear a push bra (if u no wat i mean)Once you want him, hes yours. Seduce him, using all his senses.Awaken his heart to your scent (the scent of a goddess) Awaken his eyes with ur face AND ur body. Wait I got more to say to the lost shy women out there...

Norin July 03, 2013 | 10:08 AM

Know the alwfit to the man's heart. Awaken his eyes to your body. Awaken his heart and senses to your awlfits. Let the awlfit do the talking. I dont know if this works. But its my plan for the future when I like "that" guy.

Monday Yakwal June 17, 2013 | 2:52 AM

I have a man dating for 6yrst and a lady just come in between us. I when for course before I come I found that he when for induction in the girl family but his mom and dad didn't not go.

fab June 07, 2013 | 12:47 AM

i ve been datin dis guy for abt 2 yers and i wont all his attention and his heart.

Mohib Ur Rehman June 04, 2013 | 10:19 PM

Me and my girlfriend dating from 3 years and we both love eachother so much

Sylvia May 29, 2013 | 11:35 AM

There is dis guy i love him he does'nt me wat will i do 4 him 2 fall in love with me

Bob April 25, 2013 | 4:13 PM

You wanna get to a guy's heart? #1) LISTEN TO HIM. #2) LET HIM FINISH (QUIT WAITING FOR MOMENTS TO INTERRUPT SO YOU CAN TALK ABOUT YOURSELF - feel free to express yourself, BRIEFLY(!) - A FEW WORDS - when he asks. If he's intrigued, he'll ask more. #4) DON'T BLABBER ON ABOUT YOURSELF WHEN NOT ASKED. #5) BE PATIENT. #6) BE GENUINELY INTERESTED. #7) IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR, MOVE ON. HE'S NOT THE GUY FOR YOU, NOR YOU FOR HIM. Guys like women who are genuinely inquisitive, willing to LISTEN, an 'interested' look on their face, and 'alluring' (when they want to know more about a woman who doesn't talk so much - now, that's alluring). Get him to a point where he's about to beg it out of you. Even then, DON'T TALK TOO MUCH. Short, Sweet, Simple. He won't be able to get you out of his mind. GUARANTEED.

Mischa April 22, 2013 | 4:24 AM

Me and boyfriend have been dating for almost 9 months. And I really lucked out. He is a real catch, our relationship has gone better so far than most. We are not only boyfriend and girlfriend, but we are truly and fully best friends. He isn't into sports, instead we play video games together, play piano together and draw and paint together. We are just moving into a new place together and have high hopes for the future!

mbali March 16, 2013 | 10:02 PM

I love this guy. We have been dating for 3 months now but he doesn't call he only watsup me sometimes I feel like dumping him but I just can't I'm in love with him.

Yetty January 29, 2013 | 11:39 AM

There is a guy i really love so much but his problem his i dont call me after a night we both spent together

Huraiyat January 10, 2013 | 12:08 PM

Hw do u knw if a guy really luv u since some guys ll neva want 2 show hw much dey luv u?

lizron January 09, 2013 | 3:20 PM

When distance come into play in a relationship and your man is no more giving you attention, what can you really do to win him over.

Sharon December 31, 2012 | 9:53 AM

There is this guy i av been friends with for almost 3yrs and he hasn't revealed to me if he seriously loves me or not,is there any possibility for him to accept me

Levina Ludovick August 01, 2012 | 2:16 AM

The most best way to meet man's heart is through his stomarch becouse mosy of them also like a woman who knows different type of food and a woman should know how to cook.