Chèvre with herbs or pepper (Vermont Butter and Cheese Company)
A classic fresh soft chèvre made from pasteurized goat's milk, it is ideal as an appetizer or an accompaniment to salad.
- Beer recommendations: Pilsner-style beer, Wheat beer, Pale ale
- Wine recommendations: Champagne or sparkling wine, Chenin Blanc, Viognier
Les Pyramids or La Roche (Lazy Lady Farm)
Made from pasteurized goat's milk, these soft-ripened cheeses make great beginnings for dinner or an ideal part of a dessert course.
- Beer recommendations: Amber lager, Brown Ale, Double ale
- Wine recommendations: Dry or semi-dry Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Gewürztraminer
Two-year Cheddar (Shelburne Farms)
Made from Brown Swiss cow's milk, this aged semi-firm cheddar goes well with many holiday foods or simply by itself.
- Beer recommendations: India Pale Ale, Steam beer, Christmas Ale
- Wine recommendations: Gewürztraminer, Medium-bodied Syrah, Medium-bodied Zinfandel
Vermont Shepherd (Vermont Shepherd)
One of the pioneer, aged, semi-firm, sheep milk cheeses in the United States, it deserves a prominent place in any holiday feast.
- Beer recommendations: Doppelbock, Double or Triple ale, Oatmeal stout
- Wine recommendations: Oregon or Washington State Pinot Noir, Medium-bodied California meritage blends, Medium to full-bodied Merlot
Traditional Cheddar Wheel (Cabot Creamery)
The traditional country-store cheddar, made from pasteurized cow's milk, delivers rich, full-bodied, moist flavors to every holiday meal.
- Beer recommendations: Porter, Double ale, Fruit beer
- Wine recommendations: Petite Sirah, Medium-bodied Sangiovese, Zinfandel
Boucher Blue (Green Mountain Blue Cheese)
One of Vermont's pioneering blue cheeses, made from cow's milk, it combines classic flavors and moist textures that appeal to every palate.
- Beer recommendations: Triple ale, Imperial stout, Barley wine
- Wine recommendations: Sweet dessert wine – Gewürztraminer, Sauternes, or Muscat, Late harvest Zinfandel, Port or Sherry