The thought of making your own holiday gift baskets might seem overwhelming, but with a few easy recipe ideas, creating a personalized and thoughtful handmade Christmas food gift basket is easy.
Herbed Beer Batter Bread Mix
Makes 1 loaf
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon each of dried thyme and oregano
Dash of dried dill
1. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt oregano, thyme and dill.
2. Pack mixture into an airtight container or bag.
3. Store at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Herbed Beer Batter Bread
1 batch Herbed Beer Batter Bread Mix
1 can beer at room temperature
1 teaspoon butter, melted
1. Place Bread Mix in a large bowl. With a wooden spoon, stir in beer just until incorporated. Scrape into greased 8x4-inch (1.5-liter) loaf pan.
2. Bake in 375 F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until crusty and golden brown.
3. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to rack and brush with melted butter. Makes 1 loaf.
Next: Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cookie Mix