Valentine's Day recipes: Menu #1
Wine: Kendall-Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon
Music: Hi Fidelity Lounge, Various Artists, Volume 1: Subterranean Soundtracks
Steak Pinwheels with Sun-dried Tomato Stuffing
1-2/3 cups canned beef broth
3/4 cup ready-to-use julienned sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
1/4 cup butter
1 package (6.6-ounce) stuffing mix
1 to 1-1/4-pound skirt steak
Salt and pepper
1. Bring broth, sun-dried tomatoes and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in contents of stuffing mix pouch. Cover saucepan and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff stuffing with fork. Cool stuffing.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lay steak flat on clean work surface. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Cover steak evenly with stuffing. Roll up steak lengthwise to create a pinwheel effect, enclosing stuffing completely. Skewer seam with toothpicks.
3. Place the steak roll, seam side down, on a foil-covered cookie sheet. Sprinkle roll with salt and pepper. Roast until steak is golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes.
Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
2 (11 ounces each) packages refrigerated, prepared mashed potatoes
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper
While steak is cooking, peel back corners of potato packages. Warm potatoes in microwave according to package instructions. Mix in butter, milk,and rosemary. Season potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.
White Chocolate Fondue
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 stick unsalted butter
2 (12-ounces each) packages premier white morsels Dippers: sliced apples, bananas, strawberries, crisp cookies, pretzels, and cubed pound cake Directions:
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine cream and butter. Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat. Add white morsels. Stir until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. 2. Transfer to a fondue pot, chafing dish, or ceramic bowl. Serve with apples, bananas, strawberries, cookies, pretzels and pound cake.
Valentine's Day recipes: Menu #2
Wine: Chateau St Michelle Chardonnay
Music: Various Artists, Soul Food
Lemon Turkey Cutlets
1-1/2 pounds refrigerated boneless turkey cutlets
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten to blend
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
2 tablespoons finely-chopped onion
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Rinse cutlets with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle cutlets with salt and pepper. Place flour in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, combine egg and lemon juice.
2. In a third medium bowl, combine bread crumbs and onion. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, dip cutlets into flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs. Place cutlets in hot oil and cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
1 package (25-ounce) refrigerated cheese ravioli
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 (10-3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup sour cream
1. Prepare ravioli according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat oil over high heat. Add turkey and seasoning, Saute until turkey is brown, breaking it into 1-inch pieces with a spatula, about 6 minutes.
2. Stir in soup and milk. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream. Gently toss ravioli in sauce to coat. Transfer to plates and serve.
Healthy Onion Rings
1 large onion
1 1/4 cups Italian style bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 cup low-fat milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 large egg whites, beaten slightly
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with nonstick spray. Cut onion into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Separate slices into rings. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and garlic. Set aside.
2. Place milk, flour and egg whites into three separate small bowls. Dip each onion ring into milk, flour, egg white and bread crumbs (in that order). Place on prepared cookie sheets and bake for 20 minutes. Turn onion rings over and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes longer.
Malibu Rum Cake
1 (18.25-ounce) package classic yellow cake mix
1 cup rum
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1 stick butter
1/4 cup rum
1. To make the cake, position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch (12-cup) bundt pan with nonstick spray. Using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients in a large bowl for 2 minutes. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
2. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 20 minutes. Invert cake onto platter, then carefully remove pan. Allow cake to cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, make the rum glaze. Stir sugar and water in a heavy medium saucepan over medium high heat until sugar dissolves. Add butter. Simmer until mixture thickens and is syrupy, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in rum. Cool glaze completely. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled cake and serve.
More sexy, seductive Valentine's Day recipes
Best romantic foods for Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day dinner for two
Seductively healthy Valentine's Day dinner