By the time Nov. 1 rolls around, you're likely to be bombarded with plastic orange pumpkin baskets filled with all sorts of sweet treats.
MILKY WAY® cookie bars
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup diced MILKY WAY® candy bars
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
Heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
Melt the butter and let it cool.
Combine the egg whites, butter, sugar, coffee and vanilla.
Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to the wet mixture.
Set aside 2/3 of the dough.
Spread the remaining dough in the baking dish.
Drop MILKY WAY® pieces throughout the dough.
Crumble the remaining 1/3 of the dough on top of the mixture in chunks.
Bake for 30 minutes. Cool for about 3 hours before slicing and serving.
These crunchy and chewy treats are so good, your kids will be clamoring to go door-to-door again to collect more MILKY WAY® bars!
More Halloween sweets
Gluten-free Halloween recipes
Healthy Halloween recipes
How to make spooky Halloween treats