Patriotic Fourth of July nails
G. Hannelius ("Avery Jennings") offers step-by-step instructions on how to achieve the holiday's must-have manicure. With a little help from Francesca Capaldi ("Chloe James"), she shares how to sport the perfect red, white and blue!
- Apply a base coat to help protect your natural nail. My favorite brand right now is Butter London’s Nail Foundation.
- Next apply your nail color — red on the pinky and ring fingers, white on the index and center fingers and blue on the thumbs. Put on two coats each, but make sure you give yourself a couple of minutes for the first coat to dry before applying the second! Time to add some sparkle and embellishments!
- Now for some fierce fireworks! On your blue base, layer red and white with a thin paintbrush or toothpick. Add glitter because... well... you can never have enough glitter.
- For the star finger, simply place star decals on top of your white base for patriotic flair.
- Show your American pride with this fun and funky flag! On your red base, apply white stripes. Then add a small blue box in the corner. Fill the box with polka dots, decals or 50 stars! (That last one might take some patience.)
- Don’t forget to apply your top coat so that your patriotic mani stays smudge-free during your Fourth of July picnics and parties! Three cheers and 10 nails for the USA!
Fourth of July playlist
Blake Michael ("Tyler James") shares his five must-have songs to create that perfect Fourth of July playlist!
- "Here's To Never Growing Up" — Avril Lavigne
- "Alive" — Krewella
- "Blurred Lines" — Robin Thicke ft. T.I. & Pharrell Williams
- "Cruise" — (Remix) Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly
- "We Can't Stop" — Miley Cyrus
Fourth of July pet safety tips
Mick ("Stan" the dog) — with a little help from his real-life trainer, Steve Solomon — shares some pet safety tips to keep your furry loved ones safe during the holiday!
- For the holiday, put your dog in a crate or a safe room in the house with no windows.
- Then, put on some of their favorite music loud enough to drown out the fireworks. "Mick happens to like country music," says Steve.
- Also, be sure to have dog tags on your best friend with a phone number and name so if they were to get scared and get outside, someone can call and return the pet safely to the owners.
Photo credits: Disney