Take your gym wear
to happy hour
Planning to hit happy hour with the girls, but don’t want to skip your workout? No problem! More designers are forgoing the boring workout gear and creating cute numbers that you can wear to the bar without making a pit stop at home.
SheKnows picked a few of our favorite brands to put them to the test. Here a few tips that will take you from barre class to the bar in no time flat.
- Wear a cute, versatile top: Forget a boring tank top and choose a shirt with unique details like pockets or a cutout back. If you work out in a sports bra or feel like you have to change tops, throw in an airy top that you can toss on easily over your bra. Helpful hint: Wear a belted top and put the belt on after your workout to jazz it up a bit. Our cute look came from Hu-Nu (as in who knew it was gym wear, get it?) This top from Unit-y is business up front, party in the back! It makes a cute coverup over your sports bra. LVR's cute pocket tank and airy dolman top (both shown below) also transitioned easily from gym to drinks.
- Go for printed leggings: SheKnows’ testers wore these printed pants into the office and got raves — and surprised looks upon learning they were workout leggings. We also loved this leggings/skirt combo from LVR Fashion that were comfy during happy hour — or doing a handstand.
- Pack some accessories: In addition to having a necklace and bracelets, think outside the box. Throw on a pair of retro legwarmers or continue your happy-hour workout with these bangles from Skinnyme Fashion. At a half-pound each, you’ll get a little weight-lifting in every time you lift your martini glass for a sip.
If you sweat heavily and go out after your workout, you may have to skip the 10-mile run and opt for a lighter-impact workout instead.
What’s in your gym bag?
"Blogilates babe" Cassey Ho combines fashion and function with this hot gym bag from oGorgeous. The open compartment has pockets to stash your water bottle, wallet and even a 15-inch laptop. It also comes with a drawstring shoe bag that could double as a place to put your dirty socks after a workout. Headed to yoga? Unzip the back pocket for an instant yoga bag. Here are some other must-haves for those planning to hit happy hour after a hard workout:
- Wipes: No shower, no problem. Although you can use baby wipes in a pinch, some brands offer wipes specifically to use post-workout.
- Makeup bag: Keep it light with just a few essentials like pressed powder, lip gloss and maybe a cream blush.
- Dry shampoo: No one wants to head to the bar with wet hair. Skip the lather and use a dry shampoo spray. SheKnows reviewed four of the best.
- Water bottle: Fill this high-tech bottle with ice-cold water before you leave work; it will stay cold throughout your workout and even on the way home after cocktails. (Pssst — they even sell a version for wine!)
So what are you waiting for? Pack your gym bag and squeeze in a workout. Then meet your girlfriends later for cocktails without skipping a beat.
More fitness fashion
5 Stylish fitness looks
Must-have fitness gear
Chic fitness gear
The opinions expressed in this article are of the author and the author alone. They do not reflect the opinions of SheKnows, LLC or any of its affiliates and they have not been reviewed by an expert in a related field or any member of the SheKnows editorial staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on the Site are not a substitute for professional advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on SheKnows. SheKnows does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.