The fundraising ideas library at www.The3Day.org is your best source for real-life fundraising ideas from
other Breast Cancer 3-Day participants. Here are some additional ideas.
TAP LOCAL TALENT/BUSINESSES
86. Actors: Ask your thespian-oriented friends to improvise for a "play party". Invite all of your
friends; serve hors d'oeuvres and ask for a suggested donation at the door.
87. Ask your yoga instructor or personal trainer for a donated class: Invite your friends to
attend a special yoga/aerobics/step class donated by a trainer. You ask for a specific suggested
donation amount at the door, and the trainer gets the chance to build their client base. It's a winwin
88. Car Wash -- Take Two: Go to your local car wash and talk with the owner/manager about
doing a fundraising event there. Many people go to the same car wash every week. Post flyers a
week in advance, then spend a few hours talking with people about what you are doing at the
cashier stand. Hand people a flyer, accept donations!
89. Karaoke Bar: Ask your local karaoke bar to host a benefit night. Invite all of your friends; ask for
a suggested donation at the door.
90. Rock On!: If you know musicians, ask them to perform a benefit concert at a backyard BBQ,
block party or local club. The admission ticket is a check made payable to the Breast Cancer
91. Play Tickets: Ask your local playhouse to donate tickets and then auction them off. Better yet,
ask them to donate season passes!
92. Creative Friends: Ask a local artist or creative friend to donate a piece of art or jewelry that you
can auction off. If you aren't creative yourself, ask a friend to design a thank you card or blank
note card that you can package, tie up with a ribbon and sell.
93. Ask your travel agency for a plane ticket to raffle off, a night in a hotel, or a weekend getaway.
94. Hair Salon: Ask your hair salon if they will donate 2 dollar from each haircut over the course of a
weekend to the 3-Day.
95. Gym: Ask your gym if you, or they, can teach an aerobics, yoga or spinning class as a benefit
96. Free Rent: Get your apartment complex to donate one month's rent to sponsor you.
97. Happy Hour: Wear your 3-Day shirt to Happy Hour and ask people to sign it for a 10 dollar donation. Ask the DJ to announce that you are in the bar.