If your social media newsfeeds look particularly pink today, there’s a good reason for that: It’s Pink Out Day in support of Planned Parenthood.
According to the Planned Parenthood Action website: “By Pinking Out the internet and in public events, millions of Americans are sending a message to Congress: Do not block access to care at Planned Parenthood. Not now. Not ever.”
Here are a few ways to get involved:
- Join the thunderclap: Amplify the #IStandWithPP message on social.
- Wear pink: Check out the PP marketplace for pink swag.
- Share a #PinkOut selfie using #IStandWithPP. (Don't forget to wear pink!)
- #PinkOut your profile: Add a special filter to your profile picture.
- Take the pledge: Sign on, and we’ll share your #IStandWithPP petition with Congress.
In case you need to bone up on what’s been going down with the organization, here’s a handy guide to some our recent coverage:
Kate Walsh on Why Defunding Planned Parenthood Would Be Disastrous
I Was A Planned Parenthood Protestor Until I Ended Up Needing Them
Here's Why Planned Parenthood Is Important to Moms
Why We March: Women Share Their Biggest Health Concerns
No, Republicans: Defunding Planned Parenthood Will Definitely Not Save Money
This Planned Parenthood Video May Be the Most Important in Meryl Streep's Career
No, Planned Parenthood Still Doesn't Use Federal Funds for Abortion