Vacations are the perfect time to unwind, relax and spend time alone or with family and friends. Whether you are an adventure seeker or beach-loving beauty, time away is often filled with lots of tasty food, drinks and a break from the routine. Instead of abandoning your workouts entirely, why not take 15 to 30 minutes out of your day to get in some exercise? This will not only help promote a good mood but keep you on track for when you return. Start off your workout with a five-minute walk, and then try these five no-equipment exercises perfect for a hotel room, poolside or beach.
1. Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
2. Squat as if you are going to sit down in a chair.
3. In one explosive motion, jump as high as you can and return to squatting position.
4. Repeat 10 times.
1. Lie on your back with your feet on a chair or bench, knees bent at 90 degrees.
2. Lift your hips off the ground until your body is in a straight line.
3. Squeeze your glutes at the top and hold for 2 seconds.
4. Return to starting position and repeat 15 times.
1. Start in a high plank position on the ground with your arms extended directly under your shoulders, supporting yourself on your toes or your knees.
2. Keep your body in a straight line and slowly lower yourself to the ground, keeping your elbows close to your ribs.
3. Push back up into a high plank position, holding your core tight throughout.
4. Repeat 10 times.
1. Start in a high plank position, as if you are going to do a push-up.
2. Hold this position and lift one hand off the ground to tap your opposite shoulder.
3. Try only to move your working arm, keeping the rest of your body still and core engaged.
4. Alternate sides.
5. Repeat 20 times.
1. Sit on the edge of a chair or bench with your hands on the chair beside your body.
2. Scoot your bottom off the seat so you are supporting your weight with your hands.
3. Keep your knees bent at 90 degrees — or extend them out on the ground for more of a challenge.
4. Lower your body toward the floor, then use your arms to push yourself back up to the starting position.
5. Repeat 10-15 times or until failure.
Repeat these exercises three times each, and always finish your workout with a quick stretch. Keeping active and fit on vacation is possible even if you aren’t an adventure seeker.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!