Delicious And Nutritious!
Raw kale superfood salad is packed with some amazingly healthy ingredients. Paired with homemade dressing, you won't want to miss this!
The good stuff
- The antioxidants from the kale, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries can help prevent disease, cell damage and aging.
- Cashews promote good cardiovascular health; tomatoes are amazing for your skin and are packed with numerous vitamins including C, K and A, as well as folate and potassium.
- Carrots help promote healthy teeth and gums, glowing skin, eye support and play a major role in cancer prevention.
- Avocados have anti-inflammatory benefits, promote heart health and blood sugar regulation, are full of healthy fat and have been linked to cancer prevention.
- Raw honey has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It promotes digestive health, is a powerful antioxidant, strengthens the immune system and helps eliminate allergies. Raw honey can also stabilize blood pressure, balance sugar levels, relieve pain, calm nerves and it has been used to treat ulcers.
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt to top off the salad will help enhance all the flavors involved. It also is enriched with more than 84 minerals and trace elements that your body needs to function properly every day.
Raw organic superfood kale salad
- 1 or 2 bunches of organic green kale (any variety of kale will work)
- 1 pint organic strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup organic raw cashews
- 1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 1 cup organic carrots, sliced
- 2 organic tomatoes, sliced
- 1 organic avocado, sliced
- 1 dash pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup almond oil
- 1 pint organic raspberries
- 2 tablespoons organic raw honey
- Cut up the kale with kitchen scissors.
- Add fruit (except the avocado), vegetables and nuts, and toss with tongs.
- Place almond oil, raspberries and raw honey in blender and blend until smooth.
- Plate the salad and top with sliced avocado, dressing and a dash of pink Himalayan salt.
More healthy salad recipes
Summer nectarine salad with fresh basil dressing
Raw kale and grapefruit salad
Kale, apple and bacon salad
The opinions expressed in this article are of the author and the author alone. They do not reflect the opinions of SheKnows, LLC or any of its affiliates and they have not been reviewed by an expert in a related field or any member of the SheKnows editorial staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on the Site are not a substitute for professional advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on SheKnows. SheKnows does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.