Say Goodbye To Ordinary Rice
Turn your ordinary rice side dish into a tasty melange of sweet and savory with this vegan rice recipe featuring aromatics, orange zest, currants, almonds, and parsley.
Ginger Orange Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in orange zest, juice, rice, and broth. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss with currants, almonds, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
More vegan side dish recipes!
Vegan Garlic Mushrooms
Vegan Boston Baked Beans
Vegan Brown Rice Pilau