Every bite of cashew butter is bliss for my tastebuds, so I find many mouthwatering ways to use it in my everyday cooking. These vegan muffins partner cashew butter with cocoa and chopped dark chocolate for the ultimate vegan breakfast food!
Cocoa Cashew Butter Muffins
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Milk
- 6 ounces plain coconut or soy based yogurt
- 1/2 cup nondairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease 18 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond milk, sugar, yogurt, sour cream, cashew butter, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add almond milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Fill 18 muffin cups and bake for 30 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and cooked through.
- Let cool in muffin pans for 5 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 days or freeze. To freeze, place muffins on a baking sheet and freeze until firm then transfer to a heavy duty freezer bag. Freeze up to 2 months.
More tasty vegan breakfast recipes!
Vegan Breakfast Burritos
Vegan Apple- Cranberry Breakfast Crostata
Vegan Breakfast Drop Biscuits