Make the transition into autumn an easy endeavor with this white bean and pepper salad. Heartier than a green salad yet lighter than stews and soups that are on the cold weather horizon.
White Bean Salad
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine beans, peppers, onion, parsley, and dill.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together zest, vinegar and oil. Pour over bean salad and toss to coat.
3. Season with salt and pepper, tossing again before serving.
More vegan salad recipes
Best Vegan Salad Recipes
Southwest vegan salad
Vegan Caesar Salad