Fall Means Pumpkin-Flavored Everything!
Even the slightest hint of fall stirs up the craving for pumpkin. Packed with antioxidants and fiber and low in calories, canned pumpkin is the perfect substitute until pumpkins are ripe for the picking in fall. Ultra-versatile in the kitchen, canned pumpkin is a nutrient-dense addition to my morning oatmeal.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- 2 cups water or vegan milk alternative of your choice plus more for consistency
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring oats and water or milk to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until oats are tender and liquid is absorbed. Add more water or milk to adjust consistency to your liking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin, sugar, spices, and vanilla.
- Stir pumpkin into oatmeal, adding more milk, if necessary, until you get desired consistency.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with pecans. Serve hot.
More tasty vegan recipes
The Empty Nester Cocktail
Vegan Meatball Pizza
Braised Swiss Chand