Wild mushroom risotto
Warm, wonderful and filling
Warm, wonderful and filling, risotto is an Italian comfort food with many mouthwatering variations. This vegan risotto recipe features wild mushrooms and fresh herbs.
Wild mushroom risotto recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 cup fresh wild mushrooms of your choice, finely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups warm vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs of your choice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan with a fitting lid over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms release their liquid.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, until the rice smells lightly toasted.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of broth, cover the pan, and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Gradually add broth, 1/4 to 1/3 cup at a time, stirring and covering each time, as rice absorbs the broth.
- The risotto is done when the rice is tender and the mixture is thick.
- Stir in butter and fresh herbs, stirring until the butter is melted and incorporated into the risotto.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
More tasty Italian vegan recipes
Sunny Meyer lemon & pine nut hummus
Vegan fettuccine Alfredo recipe
Vegan pasta salad recipe
Recommended for You