Need A Hearty, Healthy, Vegan Breakfast That's Easy To Pack On Your Next Camping Trip? These Scrumptious Vegan Muffins Are So Good, You'll Be Making These Well Into The Winter.
Need a hearty, healthy, vegan breakfast that's easy to pack on your next camping trip? These scrumptious vegan muffins are so good, you'll be making these well into the winter.
Need a hearty, healthy, veganÂ breakfast that's easy to pack on your next camping trip? These scrumptious vegan muffins are so good, you'll be making these well into the winter.Sweet Potato Cranberry Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 1/4 cup Smart Balance Cooking Oil
- Vegan equivalent of 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed baked sweet potato (about 12 ounces raw)
- Cinnamon sugar for topping (optional)
More yummy vegan breakfast recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugars and mix well.
- Stir in walnuts and cranberries and make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, oil, egg substitute,Â and mashed sweet potato.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix only until all the ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin pan. If desired, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned on top
- Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.