If You've Got A Caribbean Food Craving, These Jerk-Style Sweet Potatoes Will Deliciously Hit The Spot As A Tasty Vegan Side Dish Recipe.
If you've got a Caribbean food craving, these jerk-style sweet potatoes will deliciously hit the spot as a tasty vegan side dish recipes.
If you've got a Caribbean food craving, these jerk-style sweet potatoes will deliciously hit the spot as a tasty vegan side dish recipes.Jerk-Style Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon or more jerk seasoning
- 1/4 cupÂ olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
More delicious vegan side dish recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and generously spray a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes, jerk seasoning, and 2 tablespoons olive oil together. Spread onto baking sheet.
- Bake sweet potatoes, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring often, until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring often, just until fragrant. Stir in black beans, lime zest and juice.
- Transfer cooked sweet potatoes to the skillet and toss to combine. Serve warm.