Tahini isn't just a creamy ingredient to add to hummus, it can be used in place of any nut butter -- if you really like the taste of sesame seeds. These vegan no bake cookies are quick to fix and great to have on hand during the summer when you need a sweet treat but don't want to turn the heat up in the kitchen.
No Bake Tahini Cookies
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup finely ground granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups vegan puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/3 cup finely chopped vegan dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Place coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Melt coconut oil, swirling pan occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in tahini, sugar, agave, and vanilla.
- Stir in puffed rice and oats then set aside to cool completely.
- When mixture is cool, stir in currants and chocolate.
- Using your hands, make 24 (1-inch) balls. Roll them in sesame seeds and then lightly press down into a cookie shape.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Vegan Dessert Recipes
Vegan doughnuts with cardamom-pistachio glaze
Raw tihini butter chocolate cups
Vegan Coconut Ice cream